My writer delivered an awesome dissertation on the Creek War, I definitely didn’t have the time to do all the research she did on my own.
which of the following is a discovery technique for generating ideas? (Points: 5)
Writing a thesis
2. Which of the following is a major focus of revision? (Points: 5)
3. A concise statement about what a writer will demonstrate or explain in an essay is called a _____. (Points: 5)
4. A writer should _____. (Points: 5)
Use sentences of equal length
Use various sentence lengths and patterns
Use words with complex derivations
Use sentences with comma splices
5. Editing and proofreading are usually done _____. (Points: 5)
6. A writer has achieved _____ when all ideas in a paragraph relate to the main idea. (Points: 5)
7. Three parts of the rhetorical situation are _____. (Points: 5)
Spelling, grammar, and mechanics
Flowcharts, graphic organizers and storyboards
Unity, coherence and organization
Subject, audience, and purpose
8. A good description requires_____. (Points: 5)
An exciting narrative with a surprise ending
Induction and deduction
Rebuttal and evidence
Concrete sensory details
9. What sentence clarifies the focus of a paragraph? (Points: 5)
A transition sentence
A major sentence
A topic sentence
A thesis sentence
10. What words link ideas, sentences, and paragraphs to achieve greater continuity? (Points: 5)
11. A research paper is _____. (Points: 5)
Arbitrary and subjective
Investigative and documented
Argumentative and abstract
Narrative and objective
12. A writer includes quotation marks around another author’s exact words but does not provide an in-text citation crediting the source. This writer has _____. (Points: 5)
13. A writer responds critically to source material by _____. (Points: 5)
Finding something to complain about
Assuming the information is correct
Reading and analyzing the material
Reading only the summary information
14. Which of the following examples avoids plagiarism? (Points: 5)
Paraphrasing a document from the Internet and then citing it
Copying and pasting a paragraph from an online encyclopedia
Using a direct quote from a book and not using quotation marks
Summarizing a resource in your own words
15. Which of the following would be considered the LEAST credible resource for a research paper? (Points: 5)
Which of the following has no errors in punctuation or sentence structure?
The hamburger is a popular food Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger is a popular food, and Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger which is a popular food, Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger is a popular food, Americans eat millions per year.
17. Which of the following sentences uses pronouns correctly? (Points: 5)
The patients were treated for his or her illness.
A doctor must listen to his or her patients.
The medical assistant gave their opinion about the patient.
The doctor gave instructions to their patients.
18. Which of the following sentences is correct? (Points: 5)
Them are twenty students in the class.
They’re twenty students in the class.
Their are twenty students in the class.
There are twenty students in the class.
Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
My mother warned, “Whoever called Australia had better speak up.”
My mother said, I hope it wasn’t you”.
“My mother asked, Who called Australia”?
My mother said, “now I’m angry.”
20. Which of the following is a lower order concern? (Points: 5)
Revising for organization
Revising for coherence
Editing for punctuation
Editing for support
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more